It’s that time of year!!! SUPERBOWL- which means parties gathered around a big screen and plates of food scattered around that room. You don’t have to feel guilty snacking at half time with these Keto friendly and deliciuos recipes that even your non-keto friends will love!
Let’s start with an oldie but a goodie. Jalepeno poppers. You can truly make these your own and change up the ingredients you use, like for example you can put black olives, green chilies, chicken, steak, tofu, – the options are endless!
You can even put them in a smoker, the oven or the grill. Bacon on top or bacon wrapped? Have fun with it!
To make the best jalapeno poppers, follow these easy steps:
- Step one: Halve each jalapeno from stem to end. Then use a spoon to scrape out the seeds and white membrane.
TIP: It’s the seeds and white membrane that makes peppers hot. For the mildest poppers, remove all the seeds and membrane. If you like things hot and spicy, leave the membrane inside the pepper, but remove the seeds.
- Step two: Fill the pepper halves with cream cheese. You can leave the cream cheese plain or add some flavor. We love fresh chives or chopped green onion. You could also add some chili powder, other herbs, or a combination of cheeses. Feta cheese, goat cheese, or shredded cheddar cheese, like I said the options are limitless.
- Step three: If you are going to wrap your poppers with bacon; Cut thin slices of bacon into smaller strips. They should be just large enough to wrap around a pepper half. Wrap the bacon around each stuffed pepper half and secure it with a toothpick. Otherwise you can cut it into cubes, cook it until done and sprinkle them on top.
TIP: Soak toothpicks in water about 1 hour before making to prevent them from burning on the grill.
As I mentioned above, we keep the filling really simple, but there are lots of extra ingredients you can add to make them extra special. Here are a few more ideas for what to stuff jalapeno peppers with:
- Add some sweetness with cooked onion or shallot
- Add more cheese with shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack. Or swap half of the cream cheese with goat cheese.
- Cook up extra bacon, sausage or chicken and stir into the cream cheese.
- Make them extra spicy with a few dashes of hot sauce or diced peppers.
Next, is one of my go to’s for any function, ever! Buffalo Chicken Dip. I know what your thinking, well what do I use to “dip”… we love to use celery, cucumbers, green peppers and my favorite is radish chips!
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened.
- 1 cup cooked chicken, I love to grab a rotisserie chicken from the deli.
- 1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce.
- 1/2 cup ranch or blue cheese salad dressing.
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese.
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup diced green onions
- Diced red onion
- Sour cream
- Bell peppers
( I usually double or triple a recipe and use the whole chicken) – Otherwise it just gets eaten too fast 😉
Start by melting all the cheeses and sauce in a bowl, stir until completely mixed. In a crock pot set on low, combine all ingredients and cook for about 30 min. Dip in!
Warning: This recipe may have an after effect of everyone eating it asking for the recipe, be preaperd!
Now, let’s get to Buffalo Cauliflower. This is a great option for those that don’t eat meat. It packs a punch!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup hot sauce (I prefer Frank’s Red Hot)
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Heavily grease baking sheet with butter. Divide cauliflower into bite sized chunks.
In a large bowl, combine flour, water, olive oil, garlic powder and salt until well combined. Add cauliflower and gently toss to coat each piece evenly. Transfer coated cauliflower to prepared baking and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking time. Remove from oven.
In large bowl, combine hot sauce and melted butter. Add partially cooked cauliflower and gently toss to evenly coat. Return cauliflower to baking sheet and continue cooking for an additional 20-25 minutes, turning once, until pieces start to turn golden brown.
Remove from oven and serve warm with blue cheese dressing and fresh celery sticks.